Ten Tips for using EFT
Basic EFT works so well, and here are 10 simple tips to incorporate. Ways to help keep us in touch with our tapping:
1. Use opposite hand tapping, use the non-dominant hand sometimes. Also cross over with one hand to the opposite side of the body to tap. It helps to change the energy and gives us variety.
2. Argument tapping with yourself. Do the usual setup phrase like “I’m afraid of success, and I deeply accept myself”. Then on the points argue with yourself – “Yes I am”, “No I’m not”, “don’t be silly”. etc. As we stir the soup of the energy that is a good thing. “I’m not good enough”, “Yes I am”, etc.
3. Refusal tapping – Many people say they want to change, but they are afraid of change, or they feel they have been controlled their whole lives, and they really don’t want to change. This works well in groups where people say they want to loose weight, stop smoking, etc., but still want to hang on to it. “Even though I am afraid to stand out with my success, I till deeply accept myself”, then do “I refuse to stand out”, “I refuse to shine”, “I refuse to be successful”, “I am not going to be successful and you can’t make me”, “I’m not going to try it”. Really stirs up the energy and breakthroughs often come after this.
4. Looking in the mirror – See yourself doing the tapping. Then when you are in public and don’t want to do the physical tapping, but need the help, you have the memory of how you look and the points, and can do it in your mind. When in private and looking in the mirror you can see those subtle facial expressions as you are changing and can see results on your face.
5. Singing Affirmations (while tapping) Making a change and different commitment of energy while tapping. We are attached to the music in our brains. Its just something we can do to access a little different part of our brain while tapping. (Similar to the 9-gamet method where we sing happy birthday as a part of it.)
6. Thank You Tapping – Saying Thank You to the Universe as if you have already received it. ex. “Even though I don’t have what I want, I accept myself anyway” 3x , then on tapping points: “Thank you Universe for bringing me the perfect solution to having _____”. “Thank you Universe for bringing me the perfect clients that I didn’t even know were out there”. Great for relationships, creativity, anxiety, abundance, pain etc. etc. Good to do a couple of regular rounds, then follow with the Thank you Universe for bringing me….. round.
7. Guest Tapping – Invite a guest into your mind’s eye, and have them tap along with you, i.e. Gary Craig, Carol Look, etc. whomever you respect in the industry have them lead your session, tap together. It allows the mind to be more creative.
8. Photo Tapping – Can pick photos from when you are young and maybe unhappy, photos from specific events that were negative for you, photos of people that were negative for you. Imaging yourself tapping on that person in the photo. We can even tap on the energy of what is going on in that scene.
9. Past Tense Tapping – “Even though I have this problem with speaking in public, I deeply accept myself” 3x, on points “I used to have this problem of public speaking, “I’m so glad the problem is in the past now”, “I used to have it”, “I’m so relieved its past now” “I’m so happy I got over it with EFT”. If we get a very strong resistance to this verbiage, then we need to go back and do the basic tapping on the problem to bring it down.
10. “You” Tapping – Pretend you are talking to yourself, but in the second person. “Even though you have a fear of flying John, I deeply and completely accept myself. Even though you do not like to get on airplanes John, you are ok and I appreciate you” then rounds “you’ve had this problem around flying for a long time, you have all this fear when you know you are going to have to fly, you have the fear of turbulence and noise,…. its a way of you talking to you in a very soothing manner. So include “I”, “You”, and “He or She” for your own person.
Play with these and see which ones speak to you and incorporate the ones that help into your tapping times. Remember to tap daily to get the most benefit from your energy work!
Tapping your solutions,